Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Game of Thrones - My Contribution to the Presentation


For my group, we presented a power point presentation on Game of Thrones.  I watched several episodes of the show in order to understand what it was about. Just the first few minutes of the very first episode were very enlightening to me. After I had watched enough episodes to have a grip on the show, I emailed both my group members for their thoughts and feelings on the show and what we would be doing for our presentation. We had previously verbally communicated that we would try to discuss our project via email. One of my fellow group members, Tyler, had watched the entire series while Sergio and I were new to it. Sergio emailed the first rough draft of his portion of the power point. He said he would discuss the character analysis and I emailed my group members back that I would add slides that related Game of Thrones to the textbook, “Cultural Studies”. I scoured chapter 10, Television, Texts, and Audiences for important information that I could relate to Game of Thrones. I also offered that we could play any key episodes or scenes from the downloaded content on my external hard drive. We felt that the beginning scene could be played with my copies while Sergio decided to use links from YouTube. I emailed them asking if we should just do a Question and Answer for our group activity and they agreed. I agreed to meet up with my classmates in front of the classroom before class in order to make sure all of our work would combine smoothly. I asked Tyler to use the Themes slide I created to give the class a greater explanation; because of his knowledge of the show, he would be much more familiar with the nuances of the themes. Not only that, Tyler would be able to provide more examples from later episodes that Sergio and I hadn’t had the chance to watch yet. My contribution to the group project was research on the textbook and linking it with the show. I wrote about half the power point slides and brought a copy of the entire show in case we played scenes. I also brought a copy of the book version of the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment